[R] Installation problem MacOS X

Hector L. Ayala-del-Rio ayalahec at msu.edu
Fri Mar 18 12:16:56 CET 2005

R gurus
    I have tried to install the R 2.0.1 binary for OS X and although the
installation was successful I can get the application going.  When I
double click the icon R tries to load (R window shows briefly) and it
quits immediately.  This behavior was described in this list before and
nobody found the answer to the problem. If you try to load the x11
version by typing "R" at the command line it loads up with no problem.
This means that the app is partially working and there are no
permissions issue.  The most interesting thing is if I log to a
different account (Dummy) and I double click the application it loads
with no problem.  This makes me think that there has to be some type of
user specific file or directory that is causing the gui to quit.  Any
suggestions on what file(s) could be affecting R?

Thanks

Hector

Héctor L. Ayala-del-Río, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor