[R] r under linux: creating high quality bmp's for win users

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Tue Mar 22 16:11:00 CET 2005

Can you provide a link.  I did a google search and found something
on a Japanese site but it turned out that the writer had made a
mistake and it linked to wmf2eps, not eps2wmf.

Christophe Pallier <pallier <at> lscp.ehess.fr> writes:

:
: Hello Christoph!
:
: In the past, I used an utility called "eps2wmf".
: It only works under Windows though (maybe under Linux with wine?).
: I believe it is available on the CTAN (Tex archives).
:
: The nice thing is that wmf files are not bitmap and scale well.
:
: Christophe Pallier
:
: Christoph Lehmann wrote:
:
: > Hi
: >
: > I produce graphics with R under linux, but my collaborators often use
: > windows and cannot import eps pics e.g. in msword
: >
: > what is the standard way to get e.g. bmp's with the same quality as
: > eps.  going the way: creating eps, convert eps2bmp using 'convert'
: > doesn't yield good enough bmp's
: >
: > thanks for a short hint
: >
: > cheers
: > christoph
: >
: > R-help <at> stat.math.ethz.ch mailing list
: > https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
: > PLEASE do read the posting guide!
: > http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
: