[R] non-derivative based optimization and standard errors.

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 24 15:12:28 CET 2005

The problem is that it is a very complicated model and bootstrap will
probably take months. The objective function itself is making use of Monte
Carlo simulation because it is next to impossible to get at a closed form
solution (of the objective function itself). So I simulate this function
and get its expectation and match that to data. I thought of doing a
bootstrap but it will take so much time. I guess if this is the only way,
then it has to be done.

Jean