[R] learning networks with a large number of variables andpre-set parents.

zhihua li lzhtom at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 26 07:23:04 CET 2005

I didn't go into details when I asked the question for feat that I would
overly specific and blur my real goals.
The links between variables are defined as conditional probability
distributions. So if the probability distribution of a variable X's value
is conditioned on the probability distribution of the values of Y and Z, we
say Y and Z are X's parents, and in the network, there are two arrows
starting from Y and Z and poining both to X.
Clearly it's something like a bayesian network. And I do know some
packages, such as deal, can learn the bayesian networks structure from
training data. But I'm not sure if deal or other similar packages can
handle 10000 variables......
Thanks a lot for your information.