[R] numerical integration of x,y data

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Tue May 3 22:10:14 CEST 2005

Hi, I was looking for a routine that would do numerical integration
using x,y data rather than integrating a function.

Searching CRAN showed me the sfsmisc package, which contains
integrate.xy. However the documentation mentions that its not good for
noisy data and plans to implement the Romberg method.

Is this the package that is generally used to perform this type of
integration or are there other routines available?

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE