[R] Unbundling gregmisc (was: loading gap package)

apjaworski@mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Wed May 4 17:29:16 CEST 2005

I have one comment, although it is a little off topic.

I have the gregmisc package installed (R-2.0.1 on Win2000).  Whenever I use
the help.search function it comes back with the following warning:

Warning message:
no Rd contents for package 'gregmisc' in 'C:/local/R/rw210/library' in:
help.search("bundle")

Apparently, the help.search function looks for the CONTENTS file in the
.../library/gregmisc directory.  I created an empty one and the warning
went away.  I know it is purely cosmetic, but if the gregmisc bundle is
kept intact, and I think it should, I would suggest adding the empty
CONTENTS file to its distribution.

Perhaps there is a better way of handling this.  For example, VR is a
bundle but it does not create its VR directory in .../library.

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

             "Warnes, Gregory
             R"
             <gregory.r.warnes                                          To
             @pfizer.com>              "'Constantinos Antoniou'"
             Sent by:                  <costas at mit.edu>, Prof Brian Ripley
             r-help-bounces at st         <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk>
             at.math.ethz.ch                                            cc
                                       R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch, Uwe
                                       Ligges
             05/04/2005 09:56          <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de>
                                       [R] Unbundling gregmisc (was:

Let me redirect the topic a bit.  I've been considering unbundling
gregmisc.
The pro would be that people would find the component packages (i.e. gdata)
more easily.  The con is that the packages have a number of
interdependencies, so you pretty much will need to get most of them anyway.

As the latest gregmisc bundle contains a gregmisc package that is just a
stub that depends on and loads the individual packages, there would still
be
a gregmisc object.

Comments?

-Greg

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}