[R] string syntactic sugar in R? - long post

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sat May 7 11:00:23 CEST 2005

Hi,
  In Bioconductor, we have something called copySubstitute, which does
what you want, I believe,

  x="select @var1@ from @tab1@"
  copySubstitute(textConnection(x), symbolValues= list(var1="Race",
tab1="ReallyBigTable"), dest=stdout())

yields
select Race from ReallyBigTable

you can read in from any connection and write out to any connection,
change the delimiter, etc.
We use it to autogenerate manual pages and other documentation for
packages that have lots of similar structure, as well as for things
like what you want to do.

Best wishes,
  Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |