[R] R unable to run on Mac OS 10.4 Tiger

Guillaume Chapron guillaume.chapron at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:19:28 CEST 2005

Dear all,

Thanks for the reply, I solved the issue last night. It appears it is
was a problem with quicktime library. When I installed Tiger, I dragged
my Panther quicktime plugin and this was not a good idea. R did not work
(whatever version) in GUI, but would work in the terminal. I restarted
the machine and the R would work as GUI, with this error message (at
least this one, and many times):

2005-05-24 18:42:25.919 R[316] CFLog (21): Error loading
/Library/QuickTime/DivX 5.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX 5:  error code
4, error number 0 (Library not loaded: /Library/Application
Support/DivXNetworks/liblame3.92.dylib
   Referenced from: /Library/QuickTime/DivX
5.component/Contents/MacOS/DivX 5
   Reason: image not found)

I installed DivX stuff and I now get only this message:

2005-05-25 09:16:31.332 R[4042] CFLog (21): Error loading
/Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType:  error
code 4, error number 0 (Library not loaded:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LiveType.framework/Versions/A/LiveType
   Referenced from:
/Library/QuickTime/LiveType.component/Contents/MacOS/LiveType
   Reason: image not found)

I suppose i will have to reinstall quicktime 7 and things will be OK.
But I don't understand why R does need quicktime ??

Thanks
Guillaume