[R-SIG-Mac] Re: [R] R unable to run on Mac OS 10.4 Tiger

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 25 18:41:34 CEST 2005

On May 25, 2005, at 3:19 AM, Guillaume Chapron wrote:

> I suppose i will have to reinstall quicktime 7 and things will be
> OK. But I don't understand why R does need quicktime ??

Neither R nor R.app does. Chances are that you pretty much broke your
Tiger, because all R.app does is to link Cocoa which links AppKit. On
my Tiger machine it doesn't even touch QuickTime, so it must be your
plugin or whatever you did to poor Tiger ;). Why don't you just
remove /Library/Quicktime? It's not a part of Tiger. Tiger's
QuickTime files are in /System/Library.

If you want to understand better who's loading what, set
DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES when running R or R.app.

Cheers,
Simon