[R] images and maps in R

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Sat May 28 00:37:56 CEST 2005

This is is not difficult from the online help for the map() function.
Here is an example.

map('state', region = c('new york', 'new jersey', 'penn'),fill=TRUE,col=1:4)

There is also an example there in how to add text to the map.

Another way uses the maptools package.

require(maptools)
?plot.Map

and then follow the examples given in the help page for plot.Map().