[R] RODBC error

Evan Sergeant evan at ausvet.com.au
Tue Nov 1 22:55:20 CET 2005

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me with the following problem with RODBC
connection to a MySQL database

I am running R version 2.2.0 on windows XP, and have the MySQL database
registered in Windows ODBC.

I have set up a web interface on my personal ISS web server using PhP
to accept input values and then call Rterm with an R script to access
the database and return a summary of the analysed data.

This works perfectly if I run it from Rgui, or if I run Rterm from the
dos prompt using the same command line arguments, but returns an RODBC
error (below) when calling Rterm from the web interface

1: [RODBC] ERROR: state IM002, code 0, message [Microsoft][ODBC Driver
Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

There appears to be some problem with recognising the database when
called from the web page, even though it is not a problem at any other
times.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to overcome this
error

Thanks for your help

cheers

Evan Sergeant

AusVet Animal Health Services
69 Turner Cr,
Orange NSW 2800
Australia

Phone +61 2 6362 1598
Fax      +61 2 6369 1473
Email:  evan at ausvet.com.au
Web site: http://www.ausvet.com.au
MLA's Q Fever Register: www.qfever.org

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is
confidential
delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this email are the opinion of
the
writer only a