[R] Potential for R to conflict with other softwares

Soukup, Mat SoukupM at cder.fda.gov
Thu Nov 3 23:40:34 CET 2005

I just wanted to make one clarification about my statement: "After some
time, my collegues at the Food and Drug Adminstration have finally
acknowledged R as a powerful statistical computing environment." I did not
intend for this to read that R has been acknowledged as being  21 CFR Part
11 compliant. This is a whole other ball game. What I meant to say is that,
within the Center of Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) the Office of
Biostatistics is willing to look into whether or not reviewers can download
R onto their government issued PC's. And this must all be approved by the
Office of Information and Technology. So admittedly, this is only a small
step, but nonetheless it is a step in the right direction.

I apologize for any confusion. Cheers,

Mat

Disclaimer which I also forgot in the original post: The following views are
those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect those of the FDA.