[R] read.table error with R 2.2.0

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Nov 9 17:01:27 CET 2005

Florence Combes <fcombes at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I just upgraded version of R to R 2.2.0, and I have a problem with a script
> that did not happen with my previous version.
> Here is the error :

> > param<-read.table(file="param.dat",sep ="\t",header=TRUE,fill=TRUE,
> na.strings="NA")
> Erreur dans read.table.default(file = "param.dat", sep = "\t", header =
> TRUE, :
> 5 arguments passed to 'readTableHead' which requires 6
>
> whereas all was OK before. I cannot understand what's happening.

read.table is not generic in 2.2.0 and it calls

.Internal(readTableHead(file, nlines, comment.char,
        blank.lines.skip, quote, sep))

So where did  read.table.default() come into play? Is it picking up a
version that you yourself have modified perhaps? Or are you using some
package which redefines read.table and needs to be updated for 2.2.0?

        -p