[R] Replace missing values in spatial design using moving average

Arnaud Dowkiw arnaud.dowkiw at orleans.inra.fr
Wed Nov 9 17:20:38 CET 2005

Dera R helpers,

I have a (x,y,z) data file where x and y are spatial coordinates and z a
variable. I have some missing values in the z column and I would like to
replace them with an optimized estimation from the neighbour cells. I could
not find any function in R to do that. Is anybody aware of such function ?
Maybe someone knows how to implement the Papadakis method in R...
Thanks for your help,

Arnaud DOWKIW

Arnaud DOWKIW
INRA
Unité Amélioration Génétique et Physiologie Forestières
2163 avenue de la Pomme de Pin
BP 20619 ARDON
45166 OLIVET CEDEX
FRANCE