[R] save to ascii

Afshartous, David afshart at exchange.sba.miami.edu
Wed Nov 16 16:39:24 CET 2005

All,

Usually when I save a variable I have ascii = FALSE since I usually
load the variable via the load(variable) command and do not need to
view the variable outside of R.

When I set ascii = TRUE and view the variable outside of R in a text editor,
I notice additional characters (starting w/ RDA2 ...) before the first actual value
in the vector.

Is there are way to save to ascii such that this does not happen?
I checked the help under save and didn't see anything.  I apologize
in advance for this overly simplistic question.

Cheers,
Dave
ps - please reply directly to afshar at miami.edu