[R] Portable R?

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Thu Nov 17 05:19:03 CET 2005

I use SLAX on my USB stick (1GB) and I carry R, a host of contributed
R packages, all the core BioC packages, rkward as the R frontend,
Octave, and many many more.  SLAX is in my experience much smaller,
lighter, faster, and more complete than any of the other Linux Live
CDs out there (my installation with all these packages is about ~600
MB).  Heck, I even installed my remastered SLAX onto my iPod nano!

Give it a shot.

--Jake