[R] help with ks.test

Emanuele Mazzola mathematician4 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:33:18 CET 2005

Hello everybody,

after consulting V.Ricci's paper ("Rappresentazione analitica delle
distribuzioni statistiche con R" / Analytical representation of statistical
distributions in R) i would like to ask you further advice and a
confirmation about ks.test.
My willing is to perform ks.test to evaluate if my dataset comes from a non
standard distribution, namely hypoexponential distribution.
I have built its cdf as a function of two numerical parameters, in a
separated .r script. (namely "hypo.cdf<-function(a1,a2,x){...}" ).
Is it correct running then ks.test with
                 ks.test(datafile, hypo.cdf(a1,a2,x),...)          ???

I really hope so...
Please, let me know asap !!!
Thank you in advance for your kind answers,
Regards!

Emanuele Mazzola