[R] Corrupted workspace(?)

giovanna jona lasinio giovanna.jonalasinio at uniroma1.it
Wed Nov 30 18:00:45 CET 2005

Dear R helpers,
I'm using R2.2 under windows XP professional on a Dell double processor
workstation.
I have a large (29Mb) workspace that I'm trying to load both, by double
clicking and by direct load. The message I get is "Bad restore  file
magic number (file may be corrupted)...". I believe that this is a
consequence of a huge spike in the electrical system that my voltage
regulator couldn't manage.
I already searched the R mail archives and it seems I'm in big
troubles... Does any one have a new idea on what I can do to recover it?

Best
Giovanna Jona Lasinio