[R] Local install of a contributed package under Linux (was: R-code for binormla distribution)

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Oct 3 02:28:59 CEST 2005

	  There probably is a way under Linux to install a contributed package
in your local directory.  I don't know how, but if you read the
documentation on "download.packages" and "install.packages", you might
be able to do it without bothering your Info Tech department.  I know
there is a way, and with luck someone who knows will respond to this
email.  If you try something with "download.packages" and
"install.packages", and you can't make it work, please tell us what you
try and what doesn't work.  Maybe someone who uses R on Linux will
respond.  If not, ask your Info Tech department.

	  Spencer Graves

--
Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer