[R] Getting eps into Word documents.

M Senthil Kumar senthil at www.cdfd.org.in
Tue Oct 4 13:33:15 CEST 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Christoph Lehmann wrote:
<SNIP>
|.. I have to admit, that under linux I have found no way so far, to
|import an eps graphics into a word document (neither ooo writer, nor
|msword, running with wine).
</SNIP>

Hi,

There are lots of tools under linux, that can do the job of performing the
.eps conversion to several formats including ps, png, jpg, bmp, pdf, tiff,
targa, gif etc. For Eg, gimp, convert (from ImageMagick) and others.

Gimp is almost, but not quite entirely unlike Adobe Photoshop :) whereas
convert is command-line based, yet a powerful image interconversion tool.

The easiest way I feel, would be to convert .eps to one of the several
other compatible formats and then use them in M$-Word or OpenOffice.

HTH,

Senthil