[R] blank graphics window while R is working

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Oct 6 19:10:50 CEST 2005

Your R is an obselete version.  There are some changes in 2.2.0 which
affect the hinting given to X11 WMs, so please try the current version of
R. (I know it had only recently been released, but the posting guide
refers you to the development versions.)

I don't know if this will solve it (I have never met the problem) but do
know that we will not patch obselete versions.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk