[R] How to install R 2.2.0 Debian 'unstable' package in otherwise 'sarge' system

Kjetil Kjernsmo kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Thu Oct 13 00:06:37 CEST 2005

On onsdag 12 oktober 2005, 23:04, Dan Davison wrote:
> What is the best way to do this? If I don't want to upgrade
> to unstable, must I compile R myself, or is there some way to install
> this as a debian package?

Then, I'd recommend using the R's own backports, this line would
probably do the trick:
deb http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian stable/
and allthough it isn't there yet, it'll probably be there soon.

However, I played with apt-build the other day, and produced my own
build. It was quite fun, so reading up on apt-build can be a nice
exercise.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer
kjetil at kjernsmo.net
Homepage: http://www.kjetil.kjernsmo.net/     OpenPGP KeyID: 6A6A0BBC