[R] Setting working directory interactively within a function

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Oct 14 19:59:57 CEST 2005

Oops. Thanks, all. Egg on my face. I forgot about that little detail (on
Windows, anyway).

However, you can still do it via dirname(file.choose()) to get the
directory, on Windows,anyway, right? If that isn't implemented on another
platform, than you could mimic the dirname() code by using gsub() to trim
off the last file part of the path to get your directory.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box