[R] asking the user for data

Iain Gallagher iaingallagher at btopenworld.com
Sun Oct 16 14:33:53 CEST 2005

Hello everyone.

How do I get R to ask users for data to be entered? Specifically I want
to ask for a z score to be entered (the user would look this up in a
table) and then use the entered data to compute a Dunn's post-hoc test
(post kruskal.test).

I've tried the "ask" function but it's not recognised - maybe I don't
have to appropriate libary installed. A pointer to the right one would
be appreciated.

e.g  >z <-ask(message="Please enter the z value for" x)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Iain Gallagher
Institiute for Infection and Immunology Research
Edinburgh University