[R] Unix proxy and firewall problems

Assa Yeroslaviz Assa.Yeroslaviz at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Oct 19 10:15:41 CEST 2005

I was trying to install R on a unix server. Because of a firewall i can't
install biocLite for working with Bioconductor.

With windows it wasn't a problem. I used the option '--internet2' to bypass the
firewall.
I don't have any idea, how to do it with unix.
I tried to set my proxy
>Sys.putenv("http_proxy"="http...:8080")
>Sys.getenv("http_proxy")
                http_proxy
"http://...:8080"
http://by-cache.bayer-ag.com:8080/
but than by try to use the source command to download the bioC.R script I'm
getting the message:
>source("http:/bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
Error in file(file, "r", encoding = encoding) :
        unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file 'http:/bioconductor.org/getBioC.R'

Is there a possibility to change the proxy setting after the programm is already
running or do i need to do it before?

THX

Assa

--