[R] The Perils of PowerPoint

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Fri Sep 2 22:30:50 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:27:45 -0500 davidr at rhotrading.com wrote:

> [...]

thx, added to the devel-version of fortunes.

But allow me one remark: Although the above is certainly true, there are
computational tools that help us better to realize or avoid our own
shortcomings whereas others will make it harder to arrive at the right
conclusions.
I agree that PowerPoint cannot be blamed for the crash of the space
shuttle, but I also see the point that the way presentations are
generated in PowerPoint (or graphics in Excel) can easily tempt people
into producing presentations/graphics that conceal what is important.
This is certainly not an excuse, but I think some criticism (even
if phrased a bit provocatively) should be allowed.

just my EUR 0.02.