[R] stripped postings when not following the posting guide

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 15 14:30:42 CEST 2005

    Petr> Hi
    Petr> Sorry, I am not sure why sometimes is a text from my answeres
    Petr> stripped off.

Hi Petr,
it's when you don't follow the posting guide _and_ simultaneously
happen to fool the filters so that something is posted at all:

The one you mention from this morning was full of HTML crap,
(wc on the body gave "302  1491 17036"), but wasn't correctly
recognized as HTML by one part of the filters but by the others
(that strip HTML).

      [ If the filters worked as intended currently, such a message
        would be completely swallowed by the filters! ]

Regards, Martin