[R] anova on binomial LMER objects

Robert Bagchi bagchi.r at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:13:56 CEST 2005

Hi Patrick

thanks for your advice. I have now tried glmmPQL, and it worked fine -
I'm getting consistent results between plots and models fitted by
glmmPQL. Plus it allows predict() and resid() which is another advantage
over lmer at present.

quick question though: why does one need to use PQL for binomial models?
Is there a good reference for this?

A few of my colleagues have also had similar problems, so I'm copying
this message on to R-help as it might be useful there.

Many thanks
Robert