[R] Disable LazyLoading mechanism completely

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Apr 1 00:35:49 CEST 2006

On 31 March 2006 at 16:15, Paul Roebuck wrote:
| Is there a global option somewhere that can completely
| disable the LazyLoad option? I want all my packages
| in source format for searching purposes, crippled by
| the conversion to database format.

AFAICT setting LazyLoad=No in DESCRIPTION might do the trick.

For reasons I fail to understand I have to set it to that value for Debian
builds of the Rcmdr package, and the resulting package does indeed have R
code as plain sources. I'd agree with you that being able to read, and hence
search, the code is a good thing but I also trust the R masters on the
advantages of lazy loading.  There may be an option to diable it globally ...

Hth, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison