[R] pros and cons of "robust regression"? (i.e. rlm vs lm)

bogdan romocea br44114 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 21:47:04 CEST 2006

There are several kinds of standardization, and 'normalization' is
only one of them. For some details you could check
http://support.sas.com/91doc/getDoc/statug.hlp/stdize_index.htm
(see Details for standardization methods).

Standardization is required prior to clustering to control for the
impact of scale. (Variables with large variances tend to have more
effect on the resulting clusters than those with small variances.) I
don't know how valuable standardization may be in other areas.