[R] [Help] a Correlation Problem

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 05:18:33 CEST 2006

Try this where g is f summed over j and k for given scalars
theta and rho and gv is g vectorized over theta.  I have not
checked this carefully so be sure you do:

f <- function(theta = 0, rho = 0, j = 0, k = 0)
	dnorm(theta+2*pi*j,0,1)*pnorm(2*pi*(k+1)-rho*(theta+2*pi*j))
g <- function(theta = 0, j = 0, k = 0)
	sum(sapply(k, function(k) sum(f(theta, j = j, k = k))))
gv <- function(theta = 0, ...) sapply(theta, g, ...)

x <- seq(0, pi, length = 100)
plot(x, gv(x, j = -1:1, k = -1:1))