[R] Configure error

R. A. L. Carter r_carter at rogers.com
Tue Apr 11 02:16:40 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

I sent this message before but I don't think it got through because I
wasn't registered.

I've been trying for several weeks to install R-2.2.1 on a PC with an
AMD Athlon 64 2800*+* processor running Mandriva 2006_64.
After unpacking R-2.2.1.tar.gz I ran ./configure However, configure
stopped prematurely with the message  *"configure:27295: WARNING:
gfortran and gcc disagree on int and double configure:27297: error:
Maybe change CFLAGS or FFLAGS?"*  Altough I've looked in both the R_Help
archive and R Installation and Administration,  I can't find any
documentation which says what settings should be for CFLAGS or FFLAGS.
I tried to mimic the settings shown on page 31 of R Installation and
Administration but that failed too.*

Does anyone know what the settings should be for this case?

Richard Carter