[R] www.r-project.org

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 21:49:07 CEST 2006

> Isn't Other > Contributed Documentation sufficient? Usability guidelines
> for websites suggest that you should have as few top-level menu items as
> possible, say 5-6 max... OK the R website is not like
> <insert_company_name>.com type website, but you wouldn't want to flood
> users with too many options up front.

7 +/- 2 is the number that is usually bandied about (I think based on
the number of items most people can hold in their short term memory)

However, this is heuristic for the number of top-level categories -
there is no reason why there could not be a direct link to contributed
documentation from the home page.

Hadley