[R] www.r-project.org

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Apr 25 22:09:04 CEST 2006

hadley wickham wrote:

>>Isn't Other > Contributed Documentation sufficient? Usability guidelines
<snip>
> However, this is heuristic for the number of top-level categories -
> there is no reason why there could not be a direct link to contributed
> documentation from the home page.

I find it a minor inconvenience to have to select a CRAN mirror before I
can look at the on-line documentation for contributed packages.  Might
it make sense to store the last CRAN mirror used in a cookie and offer
that a the default when you want to transfer people to a mirror?  (I
don't think it should be totally hidden from the user, because
occasionally one CRAN mirror will have problems that don't affect
others.)  Again, I wouldn't have anyone change this "just for me", but
if you thought it might make the web site more friendly for others (AND
it could be fairly easily done), then you might consider it.

	  Best wishes, spencer graves