[R] Summary method needed?

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 2 18:51:12 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I'm updating my fpc package at the moment and will add some new functions.
I learned that there should be print and summary methods for the key
functions.
The purpose of the summary methods seems to be to reduce the
possibly incredibly complex information in the function's output and the
print method (print.summary.foo) should print an overview of the result.

But in some cases the print method will make use of more or less all the
output information of the function. Is there any reason to implement a
summary method in these cases?

Best,
Christian

Christian Hennig
University College London, Department of Statistical Science
Gower St., London WC1E 6BT, phone +44 207 679 1698
chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk, www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche