[R] R-update - what about packages and ESS?

Christian Hennig chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 16:50:26 CEST 2006

Hi there,

it seems that if I update R, it doesn't find previously installed packages
anymore and is also not found by ESS.
Actually the update has been done by our system administrator who assumed
that there would be no problems with these things (I don't have root
access to this system) and will perhaps not be too keen on installing
everything else again.
Is there any simple way how ESS and the packages can be connected to the
new R?

I remember that whenever I updated R on my private computers, I installed
everything else again as well - but that's certainly not everybodies
taste...

Best,
Christian

Christian Hennig
University College London, Department of Statistical Science
Gower St., London WC1E 6BT, phone +44 207 679 1698
chrish at stats.ucl.ac.uk, www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche