[R] Permutations with replacement

Jesse Albert Canchola jesse.canchola.b at bayer.com
Mon Aug 21 01:32:12 CEST 2006

Thanks, David.  That worked fabulously!

Here is the R code for the hypercube test example:

########## begin R code ############
library(combinat)
x <- rep(3,3)   # for partitions of 3 units into the three classes {1,2,3}

hcube(x, scale=1, transl=0)
########### end R code ############

For the larger one I want (i.e., 8^8), I will take a random sample of
10,000 from the 16,777,216 possibilities.

Regards,
Jesse Canchola

<davidr at rhotrading.com>
Sent by: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
08/18/2006 01:33 PM

"Jesse Albert Canchola" <jesse.canchola.b at bayer.com>, "r-help"
<r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
cc

Subject
Re: [R] Permutations with replacement

If you also want 1,1,1 and so on, the number of these is n^n,
(n choices for each of n slots.)
In that case, you could use hcube from combinat.

David L. Reiner
Rho Trading Securities, LLC
Chicago  IL  60605