[R] configure help

Fridolin Wild fridolin.wild at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue Dec 19 12:41:44 CET 2006

Hello,

as I just spent a (too long) while searching
for a way how to persistantly switch back the help display
routines from chm to text, here a small documentation
how to do that with the windows version of R.

The windows installer asks which help type
you want to use, I wanted to test the chm
version -- which I didn't like.

If you after installation want to switch back,
you have to edit

    << myRdirectory\etc\Rprofile.site >>

and change the line

    options(chmhelp=TRUE)

back to

    options(chmhelp=FALSE)

It would be nice if -- in a future release -- this
also could be changed in the GUI settings.

Best,
Fridolin

--
Fridolin Wild, Institute for Information Systems and New Media,
Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration (WUW),