[R] Canonical analysis with class variable?

Zack Holden hold9309 at uidaho.edu
Sat Dec 23 19:50:40 CET 2006

Dear list,

I'm trying to compare two sets of variables using canonical analysis. My X
variables include 3 climate indices, all continuous. My Y variables describe
a set of 3 environmental moisture measurements. However, I would also like
to include a class variable for habitat type.

My colleaugue was able to do this in SAS, but we could not find a way to do
it in R.

Is anyone familiar enough with manova techniques in R to tell me whether
this is possible, and if it is, how to do it?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Zack