[R] stacked plots

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Dec 27 18:37:36 CET 2006

John,

On 27 December 2006 at 08:36, BBands wrote:
| Dear helpeRs,
|
| Is there a better method of producing stacked charts than
| par(mfrow(3,1)), plot(x), plot(y), plot(z)? What I would like to do is
| produce a chart of several panes stacked vertically with no space
| between them so they appeared to be a single figure. I've attached a
| small example, though it is not clear that it will make it, as the
| posting guide doesn't say which sort of images are allowed--it is a
| gif. My data will be in zoo objects like those from get.hist.quote()
| with the data for the extra panes in additional columns.

Do you remember the bollingerBands example we worked on a few years ago and
that is still at Romain's incredible R Graph Gallery at
      http://addictedtor.free.fr/graphiques/RGraphGallery.php?graph=65

It uses layout, you can also use the simpler par(mfrow=...) approach *if* you
also reduce bottom and top spacing accordingly as e.g. in the plot functions
in the script referenced above.

Cheers, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison