[R] macro facility in R

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Mon Jul 3 13:39:20 CEST 2006

R 2.2 on windows XP
I have a dataset with multiple columns. Some of the columns represent
independent variables, some represent dependent variables. I would like
to run the same analyses on a fixed set of independent variables,
changing only the dependent variable, e.g.
y1-y2=x1+x2+x3
y3-y4=x1+x2+x3
y5-y6=x1+x2+x3, etc.
I know I can write a function to perform the analyses, however in order
to make the analyses easy to do, I really need a macro scripting
language that will allow preprocessing of the function and substitution
of macro variables with parameters passed to the macro, i.e. I need
someting akin to the macro facility in SAS. Is there a macro facility
that I can use with R? I have tried help.search("macro") and did not
have any success.
Thanks,
John

John Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
Baltimore VA Medical Center GRECC,
University of Maryland School of Medicine Claude D. Pepper OAIC,
University of Maryland Clinical Nutrition Research Unit, and
Baltimore VA Center Stroke of Excellence

University of Maryland School of Medicine
Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)