[R] Start Model for POLYCLASS

clk at fhcrc.org clk at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 10 22:01:58 CEST 2006

That's correct. The option is not there.
You can force it in a starting model - but it can still be deleted,

At some stage Insightful implemented a commercial set of polynomial
spline functions in S-Plus that does have that option. They got it
as far as a beta-library [quoting from my own homepage
http://bear.fhcrc.org/~clk]:
 Doug Clarkson at Insightful Corp. has implemented commercial versions of hare,
heft, logspline and a variety of related methods, with lots of additional
features and options. See
http://www.insightful.com/downloads/libraries/default.asp. Look for S+BEST.
There are remaining bugs in this code.... Doug Clarkson is no longer
at Insightful, and the code seems to be pretty much abbandoned.

Charles