[R] R newbie

kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 10 22:03:28 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am new to R and still feeling my way thru it.

I am trying to plot the values from this file below on the X-axis of a plot. I
have attached the graph to the email...the one i am trying to recreate.

Exon	start		end
5'UTR	22540060	22540121
1	22540122	22540140
2	22540303	22540493
3	22541552	22541565
4	22542373	22542519
5	22544265	22544432
3'UTR	22544433	22544856

I would like to create small rectangles on the x-axis as colored boxes from
start position to end position of each exon...with the label showing 1, 2 etc
under each respective exon.

The 5' and 3' UTR would be colored different from the exons 1-5.

Any suggestions and ideas would greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Kiran

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.  If the reader of this email message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender and destroy/delete all copies of the
transmittal.  Thank you.