[R] FW: How to create a new package?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Thu Jun 1 14:43:25 CEST 2006

Dear Rita,

Do you want a package just for yourself, or something useful for others, with
docs, etc? I think the rest of the answers in this thread will help you
create a "full fledged" package. See also the detailed explanation
in "Writing R extensions".

If you just want something quick and dirty that allows you to use a bunch of
functions without using "source" (and thus cluttering your global workspace),
is easy to move around, etc, you just need a directory structure such as:

SignS2/
SignS2/R/
SignS2/R/SignS2.R
SignS2/DESCRIPTION
SignS2/Changes

(Change SignS2 for the name of your package).

This has no documentation whatsoever. You can get rid of the "changes" file,
but I put it there to keep track of changes.

Run R CMD check against the directory (of coruse, you'll get warnings about
missing documentation), and then R CMD build.

Best,

R.

On Thursday 01 June 2006 13:23, michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:
> ?package.skeleton

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972
Phone: +-34-91-224-6900

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en s...{{dropped}}