[R] logistic regression enquiry

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Jun 4 12:59:33 CEST 2006

Dear Bob,

If I follow this properly, this is just a binomial logistic regression,
where, for each of your 26 observations, you have a certain number of
"successes" (positive instances) and "failures" (negative ones).

Fitting a binomial logit model is easily accommodated by the glm()
function. Probably the simplest approach is to prepare one observation
for each study which has the number of successes and failures for that
study, and put these together as the columns of a two-column matrix on
the left-hand side of the model; on the right-hand-side you'd have the
usual specification for a model formula. Thus, something like

model <- glm(cbind(successes, failures) ~ ..., family=binomial,
data=Dataset)

(where the ... represents the RHS of your model) should do the trick.

I hope this helps,
 John