[R] understanding the verbose output in nlme

Greg Distiller gregd at stats.uct.ac.za
Mon Jun 5 09:20:48 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply...will give some thought to your suggestion about
stepping through the function.
I have read the Pinheiro and Bates book, in fact its my primary reference
for getting into the nonlinear mixed models with R.
Lastly wrt the bit under subjects 1-6, I had thought about it being an
estimated random effect but in this model there are 2 random effects so not
sure if that holds...
thanks again...