[R] R crashes on quantreg

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 7 23:07:25 CEST 2006

R-help doesn't  foward attached data files like this, but Brian
kindly forwarded it to me.

You need to restrict X so that it is full rank,  it now has
rank 19 and column dimension 29 (with intercept).  See
for example svd(cbind(1,x)).

I'll add some better checking for this, but it will basically amount
to setting singular.ok = FALSE in lm() and forcings users to do
the rank reduction themselves.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820