[R] how to analyze the following data?--anxious for the result

zhijie zhang epistat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 06:10:49 CEST 2006

Dear friends,
 I have a dataset: response var--y, class var-group, and the third variable-x.
 I want to test whether there is statistical significance bewteen
group for y with the controlled x. First, i want to use analysis of
covariance in SAS, but i found that y isn't noramal and can't become
normal through transformation.
 Under that condition, what should i do using R / SAS?
 Any suggestions are great appreciate!
--
Kind Regards,Zhi Jie,Zhang ,PHDDepartment of EpidemiologySchool of
Public HealthFudan UniversityTel:86-21-54237149