[R] Re-binning histogram data

roger koenker rkoenker at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 9 14:57:46 CEST 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 7:38 AM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> Now, if you were to suggest that the stem() function is a bizarre
> simulation of a stone-age tool on a modern computer, I might agree.

But as a stone-age (blackboard)  tool it is unsurpassed.  It is the only
bright spot in the usually depressing ritual  of returning exam
results.  Full disclosure of the distribution in a very concise
encoding.

url:    www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger            Roger Koenker
email    rkoenker at uiuc.edu            Department of Economics
vox:     217-333-4558                University of Illinois
fax:       217-244-6678                Champaign, IL 61820