[R] Maximum likelihood estimation of Regression parameters

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Jun 11 17:20:42 CEST 2006

	  Have you looked at "lm"?  I think that's what you want.

	  Also, have you reviewed the "Documentation" list at
"www.r-project.org"?  Neter, Kutner, nachtsheim & Wasserman has had a
long and successful run having first appeared in 1974 and having gone
through several editions since then.  However, it apparently has not
kept up with the R revolution, and I would not recommend it today.

	  Beyond this, if you don't have Venables and Ripley (2002) Modern
Applied Statistics with S (Springer), I recommend you look at it first.
  It has numerous index entries on "regression" and is all around my
favorite book on R generally.

	  Also, have you checked the "Documentation" briefly outlined at
'www.r-project.org', including the "Contributed Documentation" on CRAN,
and "Practical Regression and Anova using R" by Faraway in particular?

	  hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves